Easy Restaurant Styled Grilled chicken!
- Wash,clean and drain the chicken (In this recipe i have used the legs).
- Make few cuts on the chicken using knife.
- Chilli powder 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Coriander powder 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala 1/2 tsp
- Gg paste 1/2 tsp(optional)
- Pepper less than 1/2 tsp
- 1/4 tsp oil
Method of Preparation
- Marinate the chicken with the above ingredients and let it sit for 2-3 hours/overnight (I kept them in the freezer for 2 days- its tastier as the chicken is soaked in the marinade for a longer time, it gets juicer).
- Heat the pressure cooker and add oil(i used just 2 tsps). Use APR.
- Add the chicken pieces to the cooker and cook on both sides for 1/2-1 minute. Let the water come out of the chicken.
- Now sprinkle little water , 2 tbsp to be exact and close the lid.
Stop exactly after 1 whistle.
- Once the pressure gets released from the cooker, transfer the chicken pieces to a pan/grill pan.
- Pour the remaining water too and cook on low for 5 mins each side or until the water evaporates.
- Now increase the flame and grill the chicken pieces for 2 mins each side. (Or)
- If you have a chapathi wire pan grease it wil oil and grill the chicken pieces on both sides using direct flame(this step is optional- it was good by increasing the flame and grilling in the pan).
Serve hot with chopped onions and lemon.
- Juice of half lemon can be used to marinate the chicken. Hubby doesnt like it so skipped it.
- 1 whistle in pressure cooker only not more not less.
- Marinating overnight makes your chicken juicer and tender.
You can serve it with palak chapathi & mixed veg raita for dinner ♥️😋
Chef: Janani Rajesh Kannan