Hello HMF ke lovely members, Happy weekend to all. Today’s special dinner “Garam garam pooris, Aloo kaala chana gravy and Sabudhana kheer”.
Aloo Kala chana gravy:
- Soak one cup Kala chana overnight.
- Pressure cook it with salt and turmeric with water for 4-5 whistles.
- Chop three medium sized onion very finely
- Make puree of three tomatoes and couple of green chillies.
- Chop three potatoes into medium sized cubes.
- Heat a cooker with wide bottom.
- Add three teaspoons oil, zeera, sabut garam masala
- Add the onions.
- Roast till transculent.
- Add one tablespoon freshly crushed ginger and garlic.
- Saute well till onions leaves oil.
- Add tomato puree.
- Saute for few minutes.
- Add salt, turmeric, two teaspoons kashmiri chilli powder, one and half teaspoon coriander powder.
- Add Kasuri methi, zeera powder, one teaspoon garam masala.
- Saute the masala nicely for 5-6 minutes.
- Once oil separates.
- Add one cup water.
- Cooked Kala chana with stock.and the piratoee
- Bring it to a boil.
- Pressure cook again the gravy with potatoes and Kala chana in low medium flame upto 4 whistles.
Sabudhana kheer recipe:
- Soak sabudhana in enough water for 4-5 hours.
- Heat little water. Add the soaked sabudhana and bring to a boil.
- Once sabudhana turns transparent.
- Add one large cup milk.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce the flame and let it simmer on medium low flame.
- Once sabudhana is fully cooked and milk becomes thicker and creamier. Add one small cup sugar, elaichi powder.
- Cook well for another 5-6 minutes.
Recipe by: Radha Rakesh