Sooji Onion Appe / Paniyaram – Recipe
Onion Appe For Sunday Temptations.
- Sooji- 1cup
- Besan- 2tbsp
- Curd- 1/4 cup
- Salt- to taste
- Water- For mixing
- Take a bowl & add all the above mentioned ingredients except water.
- Mix it and add water little by little to avoid lumps.
- Mix it properly and the consistency should neither be thick nor to runny.
- Keep this for fermenting for atleast 4 to 5hours.
Urad dal- 2tsp
Rai/ Mustard seeds- 1/2tsp
Jeera- 1/2 tsp
Curry leaf chopped – 5 to 7 leaves
Freshly chopped coriander
1. Take tadka pan and add oil. When oil hot enough add Urad dal and rai.
2. When rai splutters add jeera.
3. Add this tadka to fermented batter. Mix it well and lastly add soda, chopped coriander and curry leaves.
4. Mix it well and keep aside.
1 small onion- Chopped
1/2 capsicum- Chopped
1 to 2 Green Chilli- Chopped
Take Batter & add onion, capsicum & green chilli.
(Veggies you can add as per your likes)
1. Take appe pan and keep it on stove. On the flame & add oil when pan becomes medium hot.
2. Now add batter to it. Roast it on medium flame till it’s crisp or golden brown.
3. Now flip it and roast the another side too. You can add oil after flipping them.
4. Remove it from the pan when it’s roasted properly.
5. Serve hot with ketchup/green chutney/coconut chutney.
Recipe by: Ruchita Ashish Sharma