Crispy Dosa & Delicious Onion Utthapa – Recipe
December 11, 2018 Cuisines 0 Comments
Hello friends, today I have prepared Crispy Dosas & Delicious Onion Utthapa.
Ingredients For Batter:
- 3 cups Rice
- 1 cup Urad dal
- 1/2 tsp fenugreek seeds (methi)
Ingredients for Utthapas:
- Same Batter of dosas
- 2 finely chopped onions
- 3 finely chopped green chillies
- Coriander leaves finely
- Chat masala and salt to sprinkle
- Cooking oil as required
- Soak 3 cups Rice, 1 cup urad dal and 1/2 tsp fenugreek seeds saperarely for 10 to 12 hrs.
- Grind all ingredients to a smooth batter, add salt as required and beat the mixture thoroughly with the help of your hands for 3 minutes. Cover and keep it to ferment for about 8 to 10 hrs or overnight.
- Your batter is ready to prepare dosa and utthapa.
- Heat nonstick pan, greace some oil and remove the excess oil with the help of tissue paper, your tawa is ready to prepare dosa.
- Take a spoon full of batter & spread it on tawa in round, sprinkle some oil, as it gets crispy ,remove. Same ways prepare all dosas.
Now let’s prepare Onion Utthapas
For this we need a bit thick dosa.
Spread the dosa batter, now spread finely chopped onion , some green chillies, chopped coriander leaves, sprinkle some salt as per onions and some chat Masala on utthapa, sprinkle some oil and cook till it turns crispy then flip it to other side and cook till the onions get cooked and remove.
Same way cook all onion Utthapas.
Your delicious crispy dosas and Onion Utthapas are ready.
Serve hot with Sambhar and coconut chutney.
Recipe by: Sheela Moolya
You can watch recipe video here: